Necessitas Qt Suite for Android

My time has been dramatically divided from writing code to managing the opportunities of the technologies that we choose to use. It's basically my left hand on the code and right hand on the spreadsheets. It should have been awesome, I observed the Android (Java) developer community, the iPhone developer community and each has its own crap to talk about, I stumbled upon Objective C after installing Slackware 6.0 hot-of-the-grill so I'm not really, pretty much a fan of that, and I found today's high-level application development amazingly boring be it mobile,web or desktop why would I get my hands dirty since coding these apps can be easily outsourced to places like India, China and Russia or even Ukraine at the same rate I can get a local but problematic talent. I'd rather spend my time developing and "spec'ing" out the idea and get the hardcore engineers to work on it while I fly out and showcase the good stuff.

"Create More With Less" is how I got sold to the idea of Qt C++ development. I'm an impatient coder, I hate the web application development process, I hate all the frameworks (most from the Java camp) that goes with it and some turned out to be author's scam who has no actual real-world development experience and tried to make money peddling his ideas and his books. I'm the write-run-debug-on-the-fly dev guy, because the more I wait the more I going to be distracted(just like anybody else). Trends after trends on software development and seeing some of those goes out of style, Qt C++ has remained stable and has been the "power tool" of choice for many applications including some of the apps at Intel AppUp Store. Now it has found its way to Android development through Necessitas. Watch the video.



Recent developments between Google and Motorola, HP webOS products has put the future of mobile development in to some level of uncertainty specially in the Android space, if things can go "wrong" there isn't much value in betting on Android venture but having Qt in a technology portfolio can compensate for the risk.

Necessitas Qt Suite for Android has come a long way from almost two years ago and its efforts has never(or secretly?) been supported by Nokia which I surmise is playing Two-Face in this mobile war. I've watched Necessitas up to this moment, though I have no real use for it right now, and if I have one I'll just delegate it somewhere and I can say Necessitas' time has come and it's up to the developers to stop eating rice and learn it. I'm just to busy on the spreadsheets right now.


Up Next...Qt for iPhone (hope I'm not too lazy to write)

Comments

Popular Posts